Thank you, Sponsors, Leaders & Judges!

Mint tea! πŸ™‚

1. Mint may be a herb but it has always been a pest to me unless planted in a pot.

I’d love to join you in a cup of peppermint tea, Charli. Mmmm!
    I also like to add mint to summer punch – a tropical punch with mint and strawberries. Mmmm!
    And of course it always goes well with peas, or in sauce on lamb . . .
    We could create a mint of mint recipes!

3. Sherri says:

Love mint but definitely agree with Irene, it will take over unless grown in a pot. I have my little kitchen herb garden growing in pots just outside my kitchen door. And I would add to Norah’s great uses for mint (and yes, a long, tall glass of Pimms – like Norah’s summer punch, but alcoholic – ) is not complete without a mint leaf or two. Also I always toss a few mint leaves into boiling water cooking yummy new potatoes, gives them a wonderful hint of flavour πŸ™‚

I’m searching yard sales for containers to grow my herbs though I have rambling thyme among my roses and a sizable patch of tarragon. Ooh..Pimms? Is that anything like a mint julep or a mojito? Great idea — I’m going to try the leaves in potatoes sometime!

• Sherri says:

Pimms is the the brand name of a drink that you add to lemonade (7 up) and lots of ice, strawberries, cucumber, orange slices and of course mint. Usually made up in a jug and served in tall glasses. It is the quintessential summer drink for bbq’s, gatherings, or any excuse actually for sitting outside in the sunshine and sipping away πŸ˜€ Common expressions: ‘Anyone for Pimms?’ or ‘It’s Pimms’ O’Clock!’ Here’s a link better explaining just another curious British ritual πŸ˜‰ http://www.anyoneforpimms.com/

Love it! I’m going to have to introduce Pimms to northern Idaho!

4. Charli Mills says:

Oh, dear…I commented on Sarah Unsicker’s new blog and somehow reposted it over here. I hope it’s clear that these are her recipes. She’s got a nice new blog at http://seasonofmotherhood.com/2014/06/17/mint/. This is actually a nice post to repost!

I’ve just picked a load of mint to dry for the winter. I just put a sprig in a cup, pour on hot water and there you have it: mint herb tea!

6. rogershipp says:

Love the smell of mint…. all kinds of mints… but here in Virginia, they can become a nuisance plant unless contained!

Comments are closed.

Thank you, Writers of Carrot Ranch!

Inspired Quill Publishing

Rodeo Judge Esther Chilton

Rodeo Leader Irene Waters

Rodeo Leader Sherri & Judge Mike Matthews

Rodeo Judge Hugh Roberts

Rodeo Judge Anne Goodwin

Rodeo Judge Robbie Cheadle

Rodeo Leader D. Avery (Soon to be released new book)

Rodeo Judge Bonnie Sheila