Carrot Ranch Communications

Help Grow the Ranch & Create an Imprint!

Mint tea! 🙂

Season of Motherhood

Mint Leaves Can you spot them?

I looked deep into my garden yesterday, underneath the sunflower, cucumber leaves and trailing pea plants.  What was that weed that is growing so fast?  It is in the back row, where I don’t pay as much attention because I have to go into my neighbor’s yard to see past the tomato plants.

That weed. It was growing so fast! And then I realized: I had planted mint in that square.  It is not a weed, only growing like one.

What am I going to do with all that mint?  I have enough to make an entire mint-themed dinner, from appetizer to dessert!  This looks like an excuse for a party.

Mint and Pea Pesto Princess and the Pea Pesto

Strawberry Mint Lassi

Spring Peas with Mint

Asparagus and Mint Risotto

Junior Mints Cupcakes Junior Mints Cupcakes

Do you have any favorite mint recipes?

View original post

1. Mint may be a herb but it has always been a pest to me unless planted in a pot.

I’d love to join you in a cup of peppermint tea, Charli. Mmmm!
    I also like to add mint to summer punch – a tropical punch with mint and strawberries. Mmmm!
    And of course it always goes well with peas, or in sauce on lamb . . .
    We could create a mint of mint recipes!

3. Sherri says:

Love mint but definitely agree with Irene, it will take over unless grown in a pot. I have my little kitchen herb garden growing in pots just outside my kitchen door. And I would add to Norah’s great uses for mint (and yes, a long, tall glass of Pimms – like Norah’s summer punch, but alcoholic – ) is not complete without a mint leaf or two. Also I always toss a few mint leaves into boiling water cooking yummy new potatoes, gives them a wonderful hint of flavour 🙂

I’m searching yard sales for containers to grow my herbs though I have rambling thyme among my roses and a sizable patch of tarragon. Ooh..Pimms? Is that anything like a mint julep or a mojito? Great idea — I’m going to try the leaves in potatoes sometime!

• Sherri says:

Pimms is the the brand name of a drink that you add to lemonade (7 up) and lots of ice, strawberries, cucumber, orange slices and of course mint. Usually made up in a jug and served in tall glasses. It is the quintessential summer drink for bbq’s, gatherings, or any excuse actually for sitting outside in the sunshine and sipping away 😀 Common expressions: ‘Anyone for Pimms?’ or ‘It’s Pimms’ O’Clock!’ Here’s a link better explaining just another curious British ritual 😉 http://www.anyoneforpimms.com/

Love it! I’m going to have to introduce Pimms to northern Idaho!

4. Charli Mills says:

Oh, dear…I commented on Sarah Unsicker’s new blog and somehow reposted it over here. I hope it’s clear that these are her recipes. She’s got a nice new blog at http://seasonofmotherhood.com/2014/06/17/mint/. This is actually a nice post to repost!

I’ve just picked a load of mint to dry for the winter. I just put a sprig in a cup, pour on hot water and there you have it: mint herb tea!

6. rogershipp says:

Love the smell of mint…. all kinds of mints… but here in Virginia, they can become a nuisance plant unless contained!