By Sherri Matthews
In July, I had the good fortune to spend a week’s holiday with my husband on the Italian Amalfi Coast. I say good fortune, because hubby won it, thanks to a random prize draw. We couldn’t believe it. Who wins those things anyway? Surely it’s a scam? But I can report back that it’s no scam because I’ve got the pics to prove it. [READ MORE…]
Welcome to Travel With A Twist, the third contest at Rodeo 2018. Packed and ready for the off? Then let’s ride. But first, just like any essential safety demonstrations, a few simple rules before take-off:
- Entry must be 99 words, no more, no less (not including the title).
- Use the form below to enter, including your name (judging is blind). All entries will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an acknowledgment by email, contact us at email@example.com.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but all entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm (EST) October 24, 2018.
- You may post a “challenge” in the comments if you don’t want to enter the contest, but don’t use the form to enter the contest. Only contest entries will be published.
- Contest winner, second and third place entries are announced here and at my blog, A View From My Summerhouse, on November 30.
JUDGES (read full bios at SPONSORS)
Waiting by the palm tree/bus-stop/tent to read your entries are the judges:
Mike Matthews: An avid reader, Mike is a keen observer of life and writings, my fellow traveller, sound-boarder and proof-reader. Mike has also demonstrated insightful and patient editing skills since his wife (me) embarked upon the writing of her memoir, most aptly deployed when she’s threatened to shred the entire thing.
Hugh Roberts: Author, blogger and friend, I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting Hugh in person several times at the Annual Blogger’s Bash in London. Hugh writes sizzling short stories with deliciously devious flair, many of which are published in his debut collection, ‘Glimpses’. His second volume follows in the New Year. Hugh also won first place in Norah Colvin’s, ‘When I Grow Up’ competition in last year’s Rodeo. You can catch up with Hugh at his blog, ‘Hugh’s Views & News.
And here’s our criteria for the winning entries:
- Any genre accepted, but the story must clearly be travel related.
- Journey anywhere you like near or far, on any mode of transport (or not), but make us emotional. We might cheer, wince; laugh or cry. Doesn’t matter, we can take it (we’ve got travel insurance).
- Wherever you go, there must be a twist in the tale, something we never saw coming. Don’t know about you, but I usually end up taking all the wrong things when I pack for a holiday. Layers are the key, I’ve learned. Just like the layers in your flash, that perfect item you almost didn’t pack, but decided to at the last minute… that’s what we’re looking for when we rummage through your bags.
Thank you for entering! The contest is now closed. Winners announced November 30, 2018, at Carrot Ranch and at Sherri’s blog, A View From My Summerhouse.