Charli Mills: Seasoned writer and marketing projects contractor.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● 20+ years freelance writing, persuasive writing and marketing communications for organizations.
● 15+ years managing and editing print publications and print materials.
● 15+ years developing and implementing integrated marketing strategy.
● Knowledgeable in measurements of marketing effectiveness: surveys, focus groups and market studies.
● Proven leader providing direction to and collaborating with teams.
● Passionate and capable of promoting missions-based marketing.
● Extensive communications experience with volunteers and boards.
● Developer of grass-roots programs, including one for volunteer rewards and another for outreach.
● Extensive knowledge of local, organic and natural food, farming, distribution and community gardens.
● Innovator of unique marketing programs, including a community garden as a classroom.
● Expert brand manager capable of promoting and implementing consistent key messages.
● Early adopter of social media platform for marketing purposes with a proven track record for success.
● Online social media expert and content developer including Facebook, Twitter, WP, Blogger & Google+.
● Award-winning story-teller, capable of making strategic connections and conveying the brand.
● Experienced workshop presenter, including national presentations in MN, IN, TX and NYC.
● Experienced events coordinator, including health fairs, annual board meetings and festivals.
● Passionate literary writer and literacy advocate. Believer in “words for people,” and rural voices.
« ♦ »
The Signature Themes Report presents an individual’s five most dominant themes of talent, in the rank order revealed by responses to StrengthsFinder. Of the 34 themes measured, these are Charli’s “top five.”
- Maximizer: People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
- Context: People strong in the Context theme enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history.
- Connectedness: People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- Strategic: People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- Empathy: People strong in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations.
« ♦ »
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EXPERIENCE
Carrot Ranch Congress of the Rough Writers
Lead Buckaroo & Host of Online Literary Community
Write a weekly flash fiction challenge, promote the Rough Writers, compile a weekly collection of flash fiction and collaborate. March 2014 – Present
Carrot Ranch Communications
Marketing Consultant & Social Media Content Writer
Work with clients to develop strategic marketing plans, create social media plans, provide web content, develop annual reports, write business communications and implement branding. April 2012 – Present
Research industry trends, arrange layout of content, develop production calendar, write engaging and varied content, copy edit, collaborate with designer, publish online & print. January 2001 – Present
Valley Natural Foods
Marketing Communications Manager
Managed operations department responsible for all aspects of marketing, public relations, owner communications, education and outreach. January 2001 – April 2012
Various Daily Newspapers, Publications & Companies
Sales, Marketing & Communications
Wrote daily beats (obituaries, city council meetings, advertorials), assisted copy editing, provided final layout, sold advertising, sold insurance, sold food, worked independently. August 1987 – January 2001
Various Local, Regional and National Publications & Professional Associations
Freelance Writer, PR Spokesperson and Workshop Presenter
Wrote feature articles (community food systems, outdoor women, business profiles) and magazine columns; interviewed in print, on radio and television; presented at conferences. May 1995 – Present
« ♦ »
Graduated May, 1998 from Carroll College, Helena, MT with distinction, BA in English–Writing
« ♦ »
BOARD AND COMMITTEE EXPERIENCE
● Woodhill Urban Agricultural Education Center (Board Director) 2011 – 2012
● CCA (Committee Chair for PR, Conference & Contests) 2009 – 2013
● School of Environmental Studies Education Foundation (Board Director) 2010 – 2012
● School of Environmental Studies Mentor Advisory Committee (Member) 2009 – 2010
● Mix Editorial Advisory Board (Board Member) 2007 – 2009
● Minnesota Valley YMCA (Board Director) 2004 – 2008
● Boulder Area Jaycees (JAYS Committee Chair) 1996 – 1997
● Girl Scout Troop Leader (Daisy) 1996 – 1997
« ♦ »
See Curricula Vitae for writing links and presentation titles.
References upon request.