- Open to all writers.
- Must be 99 words or 99 syllables (see list above).
- Must include the theme “fire.”
- Must be original and not published elsewhere (including personal blogs or social media).
- Accepted May 1 through May 31, 2023, ending at midnight.
- Writers may submit up to three entries of one style or a mixture.
- Submit all of your submissions (up to three) at one time in the body of a single email. Do not send attachments.
- Submissions are only accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the submission in the body of the email.
- All submissions will receive a notification of receipt. Not all submissions will be selected.
- Terms of publishing are provided upon acceptance.
When it comes to word count, writing programs can count differently. There’s some that count certain punctuation, such as the em dash, and others that count hyphenated words as one.
Therefore, we recommend using Microsoft Word or WordCounter.
The same is true about syllable counters. For syllables, use Syllable Counter.