Rough Writer Tour Around the World visits a different Rough Writer each Monday in a different country. The literary community at Carrot Ranch is an international one. Join us each week and travel (virtually) across the US, Canada, the UK, Spain, Poland and Australia. Learn about each writer in their own home (blog) and how flash fiction is a part of their writing mix.
Local Events (TBA)
Traveling Literary Show (TBA)
The Flash Fiction Rodeo is held every October. The event has now concluded for 2017. Judges are reviewing entries for each contest and winners will be announced according to the schedule below. Thank you to all who participated! 2017 Flash Fiction Rodeo Winners include:
- Rodeo #1: When I Grow Up (“Father Christmas” by Hugh Roberts)
- Rodeo #2: Little & Laugh (“The Bus Stop” by Colleen Chesebro)
- Rodeo #3: Septolet in Motion (“Practical Magic, Or Even Best Efforts Need a Push Sometimes” by Deborah Lee)
- Rodeo #4: Scars (“Galatea” by D. Wallace Peach)
- Rodeo #5: TwitterFlash (Winning Tweets by D. Avery)
- Rodeo #6: Bucking Bull Go-Round (“Like Retribution” by Kerry E.B. Black)
- Rodeo #7: Murderous Musings (“Mr Blamey” by Marjorie Mallon)
- Rodeo #8: TUFF (“The Sun Shines on the Half-Moon Café” by Liz Huseby Hartmann)
- All-Around Best of Show: “Galatea” by D. Wallace Peach
To get you in the Rodeo Writing Mode for next Rodeo (begins October 2018) here’s the Carrot Ranch FlashFiction Rodeo Playlist. We are currently compiling all entries from 2017 into a digital collection.